The New Zealand AIDS Foundation is subject to the Privacy Act 1993 and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
You can browse our websites without providing personal information
We automatically record some non-personal information. However, we do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to submit personal information. If you visit our website to read, view or download information, we automatically record some non-personal information in a log file, for example:
- the type of browser you use
- the type of operating system you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded
- the internet address from which you accessed our site
- the search terms you used to find content on our website
- the last site you visited before you accessed any New Zealand AIDS Foundation website.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, comments, profile information, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us or otherwise via the site at any time.
We collect personal information when you
- become a registered user
- update your user profile or account settings
- post an entry
- make a complaint, enquiry, or provide feedback
- submit an entry to a competition or prize draw
- are subject to our monitoring of communications sent using our sites to ensure they comply with the Terms and Use or as otherwise required by law
- fill in an online form (e.g. to make a donation, order free condoms, or to become a Member of the New Zealand AIDS Foundation)
- subscribe to a service or newsletter
- correspond with us.
Please note that we may collect additional information (including personal information) if we believe a user is attempting to compromise one of our websites.
For registered users of this website, please edit your profile and/or comments so that you only give other website users the information about yourself that you are happy to share. Our administrators can see all the other personal information that you supply, except for your password. Your password is private to you. If you forget your password, you can reset it using the tool provided.
Personal information is collected and used by us to
- process and administer your registration (where appropriate)
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- send you and keep you updated with information by email where (and only where) requested by you. To opt-out of receiving such information you can amend your preferences in your profile or settings, or email us at [email protected] stating your username, the site or service you are registered with and who you do not wish to receive further communications from
- provide you with a receipt for a donation and/or keep you informed of future fundraising activities if requested
- publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners where you are a prize winner.
Personal information collected by us may be used by third parties in these circumstances
- when username and information you voluntarily provide in your profile is published on the website and this will be the identity by which you are known on the site
- when other users wish to contact you, they will be able to identify you by your username and any other information you choose to disclose on the website
- for specific employees and contractors of the New Zealand AIDS Foundation to administer your registration and the services provided to you now and in the future
- to provide general statistical information about user demographics, traffic volumes and related matters but these will not include information personally identifying you
Transfer of your personal information
Our websites are accessible by anyone including outside of New Zealand. This means that when you post personal information on our websites this could be potentially accessed from anywhere in the world and therefore a transfer of your personal information outside of New Zealand may be deemed to have occurred. Also be reminded that we have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of any of our sites. You consent to such transfers of your personal information.
The New Zealand AIDS Foundation's websites currently use Google Analytics to help analyse how people use our sites. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an Anonymous form. The information generated by a cookie about your use of the website (including your computer's internet address or IP address) is transmitted to and stored by Google outside of New Zealand. The tracking data is stored in a database managed by Google. The tracking data is then used by Google to compile statistical reports on website activity for the New Zealand AIDS Foundation to evaluate the site's use. This allows us to:
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications
- help make our sites more useful to users.
We will not use the web analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information from visitors to our sites, such as user IDs and passwords. We will not associate any data gathered from our sites with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google Analytics tool. The New Zealand AIDS Foundation will not link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Disabling/Enabling cookies and deleting browser history
Most browsers will save details of sites visited in their ‘History’ function. It is possible to delete this record. Refer to the ‘Help’ function within your browser for more information. Some recent browser versions have features such as “Incognito Mode” or “Porn Mode” that prevent any information about a visited site being saved on the computer, including in the browser history or in cookies. Refer to the ‘Help’ function within your browser to see if your browser supports such a mode.
The Privacy Officer
New Zealand AIDS Foundation
PO Box 6663